Automation & Performance Rigger Technician
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Functions as a member of an integrated team of automation specialists on a large-scale arena touring production by assisting with the assembly, operation and disassembling of all aspects of automation flying systems and specialized performance rigging related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept and adhering to Best Practice Safety Standards. Essential Functions
- Actively participate in the setup and teardown of all rigging, trussing, automation systems, winch motor systems and other applicable gear while directing local crews in the loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling of all associated equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining all automation equipment and hardware as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Safety Standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of automation equipment at all times including but not limited to chain hoist motors, truss, ground support, winch, drive lines, fly track truss and trolley systems, consoles, safety systems and fall protection systems.
- Responsible for following cues to maintain high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines as set forth by Feld Entertainment Inc. Best Practice Guidelines and local regulations as they pertain to Feld Entertainment Productions.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures and for continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the automation/performance rigging department and overall production.
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree or higher in Technical Theatre and/or 2-4 years real world experience in the field of aerial automation fly systems in the arena, movie, or theatre touring industries.
- Experience with automation drive racks, winches, power, Ethernet switches, fixed speed and variable speed motors. Ability to swap out motors, motor whips both while at height and while not. Stage Technologies, TAIT and other automation technologies
- Knowledge and or experience operating stationery and drum winch motors and automation systems
- Knowledge of load limits and why/how to set them.
- Able to tour year-round and work domestically and internationally.
- Understands theatrical terms and directions.
- Team player with creative problem solving and strong trouble shooting capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions assigned by supervisors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as to write route reports and correspondence.
- Rope, aircraft cable splicing, Nico press skills.
- Ability to climb and focus, adjust and repair equipment safely at heights in excess of 55ft before, during and after performance and during rigging calls, load ins and load outs.
- Ability to troubleshoot electric signal flow.
- Ability to lift over 75 lbs., stand for extended periods of times and operate small hand tools.
- Forklift, Aerial lift operator certification a plus
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.